Using the Library
Please sign in at the Desk on the second floor of Freemason Hall. The librarians will be happy to help direct you in your research.
What to Bring:
PENCILS/NOTE PAPER or a LAPTOP
The library is PENCILS or laptops ONLY, no pens are allowed in the library.
For the security of our materials NO BAGS, PURSES, POUCHES, SATCHELS, OR LAPTOP BAGS OF ANY KIND ARE ALLOWED IN THE LIBRARY.FOLDERS, NOTEBOOKS AND NOTEPADS WILL BE REVIEWED BY STAFF PRIOR TO EXITING THE LIBRARY CAMERA (WITH FLASH TURNED OFF). Some materials may not be photocopied, but may be photographed. Ask the librarian for assistance.
To obtain images for publication, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Using the Collections
No marks may be added to or erased from any library materials.
Patrons should preserve the existing order and arrangement of all materials.
Errors in filing or labeling should be reported to the staff.
Children age 7 and under are not permitted in the library.
Items allowed in the library
- Cameras (flash photograph prohibited)
- Research materials in open folders or notebooks (contents of which will be reviewed by library staff prior to every exit)
- Pagers and cell phones (if kept inaudible)
- Sweaters and jackets normally worn indoors
Items prohibited in the library
- Purses, briefcases, computer cases, backpacks
- Zippered notebooks, closed folders, envelops
- Umbrellas and outerwear
- Pens, markers, lipstick, chewing gum, food, drink and other items potentially damaging to the collections
- Personal copiers and digital scanners
Additional Policies Regarding Special Collections
1) Patrons may request up to three boxes/ collection items at a time, by submitting one pull slip for each box or collection desired.
2) Manuscripts must be placed flat on the tables, not held in hands or on laps. No objects may be laid on top of materials. Note paper, note cards, and laptops must be used on the table top next to items.
3) Special collections are to be used in designated areas only. No materials are to be removed from these areas for any reason without permission of the museum curator.
4) For permission to publish, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) For citation the following is suggested: name of collection, call number,
The Stephen J. Ponzillo, Jr. Memorial Library and Museum of The Grand
Lodge of A. F. & A. M. of Maryland, Inc.
Theft or defacement of collection materials will be prosecuted to the fullest extent
of the law.
Note: The library room has NO wireless network.
Patrons using the special collections may not copy materials themselves, please ask staff for a photocopy request form. Please make photo duplication requests to staff. Requests for photo duplication will be considered when such duplication can, in the judgment of the staff, be done without injury to the manuscript. Photo will be done at the rate of $0.50 per page and may be done only by staff members. If possible, we will photocopy your order the same day; otherwise, please allow up to four weeks for copying and mailing.
It is understood that the reproduction is to be made solely for your convenience in examining the manuscript; that the reproduction will not itself be reproduced and that it will not be transferred to any other person or institution without the prior permission of the curator.
Planning Your Research
To request items from the collection or to have library staff check specific inquiries, E-mail request or specific inquires to email@example.com. Please give at least one week notice.